…..Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
…..He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
John 16:13, 14
Before we move on to Jesus’ high priestly prayer in Chapter 17, let’s take a closer look at the two verses above from Chapter 16. Jesus promises us that through the ministry of the Holy Spirit, He will speak to us, and show us things to come. Any good relationship requires communication. Our relationship with Jesus is no different. Not only do we need to speak to Him; we also need to listen to what He says to us. First and foremost, hearing God’s voice is about knowing his word. One of the most important requirements for understanding the Bible is meekness:
…..The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.
To be meek means to be humble and teachable. With this in mind, consider the following points. Understanding God’s word is accomplished by:
1. Looking to God, not the world for wisdom. (Jam 1:5; John 6:45a)
2. Setting your heart on heaven, not the world. (Ps 84:10; Matt 6:33)
3. Praying about everything (and fasting). (Matt 6:17; Phil 4:6; Jam 1:5)
4. Being obedient. (Ps 107:43; Ps 119:100; Ps 111:10)
5. Studying. (2 Tim 2:15)
6. Having faith in the Bible. (Hab 2:4b; Heb 11:3a; 11:6a)
7. Meditating on the word, not on the things of the world. (Ps 1:2; Ps 119:99; Phil 4:8)
Always keep in mind that the Bible is a spiritual Book and needs to be approached spiritually (I Cor. 2:14). Despite any training you may have in the original languages, or whatever study helps you may like to use, remember that it is the Holy Spirit who gives us understanding. Always remember to pray before you read the Bible. For an expanded study on these seven points click here.
The more one seeks God’s face through knowing his word, the more God will speak to her or him. One of the more difficult skills to develop as a Christian is recognizing God’s voice when you hear it. A thought will being to form in your mind; when the thought is something healthy and positive, it is possibly from God. If it is violent or condemning, it is probably from the enemy. In those cases you should say out loud, “This is not my thought and I reject it. I rebuke you in Jesus’ name.” However, when the thought is peaceful and positive, consider that God may be speaking to you. The more you act on these thoughts the easier it will become to recognize God’s voice when you hear it. For example, I recall one occasion when I was tired of my ingrown toenail. I decided to go to the prayer room at church and get prayed over. After I received prayer for healing, later that day I felt like God was telling me not to take my sock off for a few days. Unfortunately, I did not listen. I let my curiosity get the best of me. Before long I took my sock off to see if God healed my toe. Nope. It still looked the same. However, later that week after church, my friend and I were talking to a couple of girls we had just met. One of them said she once got prayed over for her ingrown toenail to be healed. Then she felt like God was telling her not to take her sock off for a few days. Unlike me, she had the faith to believe God was speaking to her and she obeyed. A few days later she took her sock off and her toenail was back to normal, completely healed. I did not mention anything about my situation. In fact, this was a different church, around 80 miles away from the church where I was prayed for. She just ‘coincidentally’ shared her story the same week that the same thing happened to me. I had seen other people healed through prayer but because I did not listen, I would have to wait until much later before my toenail problem was gone.
The point is that throughout the Bible God speaks to his people. He spoke to his high priests through the Urim and the Thummim. He spoke to his people through the prophets. He spoke through the casting of lots. He spoke through angels. He spoke through dreams. He spoke to Moses face to face as a man speaks to his friend. Yet God [h]ath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son. (Heb 1:2) Jesus still speaks to those who receive Him by faith, the same way He spoke to his servants in the Bible. When Elijah sought to hear God’s voice, God was not in the wind or the earthquake, nor was He in the fire. (1 Kings 19) God came to Elijah in a still small voice. Jesus still speaks to his people in this way.
Following our verses above, not only does the Holy Spirit speak to us, but He also shows us things to come. I believe if we focus too much on current events we can get distracted from hearing God’s voice. I have noticed that when I listen to a podcast that covers the news my thoughts become anxious and discontented. When I listen to the Bible my thoughts stay peaceful and contented. However, we are also commanded to watch. Therefore, monitoring current events that pertain to Bible prophecy is needed to a certain extent, but it needs to be balanced with meditation on the word of God. The following is what I believe the Holy Spirit has been showing me about things to come:
1. We are seeing the same sorts of perversions that caused God to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. For example, the Episcopal Church has endorsed sex changes for children of all ages. This is significant because Jesus likened the days before his second coming to the days before the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. He said, Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed. (Luke 17:30)
2. We are looking at the biggest financial bubble in the history of the world. The US Debt has increased by some $10 trillion in the last few years. It is now well over $30 trillion, but how much is a trillion? This illustration from Zerohedge will help us understand:
If you earned $1 per second, it would take 11 days to make a million dollars.
If you earned $1 per second, it would take 31 and a half years to make a billion dollars.
If you earned $1 per second, it would take 31,688 years to make a trillion dollars.
This is significant because the Bible predicts a financial collapse following the rapture. (Rev 6:6)
3. It is clear that a major shift in the use of currency is about to take place. In March, Biden signed Executive Order 14067. Section 4 of this order stipulates that by early September, several government agencies will have to submit their plans for a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC). By early October they intend to begin the legislative process to implement a CBDC. Much of the rest of the world is likewise pursuing this agenda. Virtually nobody in government is opposing CBDCs. This is significant because it is leading to the mark of the beast spoken of in Revelation 13:16-18. (Incidentally, when even Saudi Arabia is considering joining the BRICS nations, you know the US Dollar’s days are numbered.)
4. I believe that the CBDC referred to above is the reason for the 87,000 additional IRS employees, some of them armed, that will be phased in over the next 10 years, as the IRS budget is increased by $80 billion. (This increase is more than 6 times the current $13 billion budget of the IRS.) The budget increase is part of the $3.5 trillion Inflation Reduction Act which Bill Gates had a hand in. Meanwhile, existing IRS agents have been training to raid suburban homes according to their own internal report. The Inflation Reduction Act will have other far-reaching implications moving things toward the Great Reset, on schedule to be completed by 2030. Prophecy teacher Jan Markell has said that the Great Reset is the great tribulation period, and I believe she might be right.
5. The escalation toward WW III continues. US military assistance for Ukraine is now up to nearly $7 billion. The recent assassination of Darya Dugina, daughter of Aleksandr Dugin (aka Putin’s Brain), only accelerates things as the bomb was meant for Ms Dugina’s father. He switched cars at the last minute. Incidentally, in an interview from nearly five years ago, Aleksandr Dugin spoke of the need to oppose globalism and their agenda to erase the differences between boys and girls while bringing in transhumanism. Whatever one makes of this person he clearly had some foresight into where things were going. He has also been very influential in terms of Russian policy. Meanwhile, China is openly preparing for war. By any realistic assessment, WW III has already begun and it is only a matter of time before it goes hot. This is significant because this is exactly what the Bible predicts in Revelation 6:4.
6. The deaths from the shots continue. Facebook has blocked #Diedsuddenly, even as normal, healthy, people continue to, well, die suddenly. For example, seven young, healthy doctors in Canada recently all died within a two-week period. This is exactly what I said would happen in my post, 2021 in Review 2022 in Preview. As the deaths continue to pile up, Anthony Fauci is hoping to quietly go away by retiring in December. Meanwhile, die-hard Trump supporters are slowly starting to acknowledge that he is the one mainly responsible. This is significant because if people cannot see what Trump did to us in 2020 they are under mind control, the same as any other cult member; also because if these deaths continue they will account for the plagues the Bible predicts in Revelation 6:8 and other places. In any case, I believe there is a clear connection between the shots and the pharmakeia used to deceive the world in Revelation 9:21 and 18:23.
7. The rise of the police state continues. Illegal raids on US citizens have been going on for a long time. The Free Thought Project has been reporting on this for years and I wrote about it in Dragon Slayer Jesus Christ. Now that it is happening to political figures, people are starting to notice. Not only was Trump’s primary residence raided by the FBI, but Congressman Scott Perry (R-PA) recently had his phone seized by the Feds as well. This is significant because it shows how our republic has been eroded, opening the door for the New World Order that Scripture says will assume power in the great tribulation period. (Dan 7:7 et al) In other countries like China, the medical tyranny has reached preposterous proportions, like testing fish for COVID. This ‘junk science’ is reminiscent of the Third Reich, which serves as a model for the New World Order of the great tribulation period.
In closing, I believe these things indicate that our Lord’s return is at hand. Although Jesus told us that no man knows the day or the hour, I believe the Holy Spirit is telling us to draw close to Him and prepare for our blessed hope. I intend to live my life and plan for retirement as best as possible considering the points above, but I am also preparing myself spiritually as if Jesus is coming tomorrow. He just might be. On the other hand, although Satan likes 2030, that does not necessarily mean our Father is following the same timeline. The cornerstone of Bible prophecy is Matthew 24:36: But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. Nevertheless, I’m going to watch and wait like Jesus told us to. (Matt 25; Luke 21:36; Rev 16:15) Finally, if you find these news items distressing, read the Psalms. If you are in Christ, you do not need to worry about what the new world order kingpins are up to. The Bible says that in the end they will attempt to hide themselves in the mountains and rocks saying, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb. Be mindful that Jesus is praying for us. We will look at his final prayer for us before going to the cross in our next post. Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. (Heb 7:25)
Father, thank You for your Son and his unchangeable priesthood. Thank You that He is praying for us even as I write this. Thank You that we have a blessed hope, and that we will soon be caught up to meet your Son in the air. Please direct our paths in the meantime, so that we may work while it is day and be found waiting and watching for You. We pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.